Presidents Presidents Day Sale - now thru 2/15. Save on some of our best deals of the year!
5% off orders $1500 to $2499 - Code <buymore5>
7% off orders $2500 to $4999 - Code <buymore7>
10% off orders $5000 and up - Code <buymore10>
Free Shipping on any Massage Chair's thru 2/15/2016 - Code <shipping>
Free Shipping on all Adult Bedroom Sets thru 2/15/2016 - Code <shipping>
Exclusive savings on all Liberty Furniture thru 2/15/2016
Save an additional 10% on All Parker House Furniture thru 2/15/2016
Receive a free additional night stand with any Bedroom set over $700 - Code <stand>
Monday, February 8, 2016
Home-based offices have become the new trend in the business world. Millions of people are reducing the operational expenses of their respective companies by staying in and supervising their employees from home, all through the use of modern networking technologies. The removal of office expenses from a company’s income sheet leaves more margins for the profit, which is the ultimate goal of the company.
However, working from home doesn’t mean fewer responsibilities or an informal way of working. Rather, just like a traditional office, home offices too have to look professional and function properly. If a serious attitude is not maintained in these non-conventional offices, the company’s productivity will be affected.
Interiors, or more precisely, the furniture of an office plays a vital role in determining the dedication and persistency of the employer. A well maintained and finely furnished office signifies a responsible, disciplined, and highly composed businessperson, portraying the right image to clients and business associates.
If you are thinking of setting up a home office, here are a few tips to help you out with this task.
1. PlanningWhether you are setting up your first home based office or planning to shift it to another portion of the house, the first thing to do is planning every aspect properly. The best way to do so is by asking yourself the following questions,
- What is the best place in the house to set up an office?
- What are the things that you already have at home to utilize in your office?
- What are the additional items you need to buy for your new office?
- What is the budget or how much funds do you have to spend on the settings?
- Does the office room need painting or the walls are already well maintained?
2. Finding an appropriate placeNow that you know what things you need, the next step is to find a peaceful and dedicated area in your home where you can work without any distractions. The place should ensure your privacy, especially if you are sharing the home with your spouse and children. It doesn’t look professional if your children keep barging in your office when you are having a serious discussion with your clients.
3. Purchasing home office furniturePurchasing eye-catching, durable, and sturdy pieces of furniture is the basic need of all types of offices. The pieces should provide adequate storage space, yet look appealing enough to impress your clients. Using informal household chairs and tables doesn’t give a professional air. Therefore, be careful when selecting furniture because you taste in this regard reflects your personality and your attitude towards the business.
4. Illuminating the space with adequate lighteningIt is usually recommended to select a place that has ample natural lighting. However, to be able to work at the evening times as well, ensure that you have proper lighting facilities at your office. These include overhead lights, desk lamps, side lamps, etc. Also, make sure that the color of the light is soothing and easy on the eyes.
For the latest designs in home office furniture, please visit Home Office Furniture – Home Cinema Center.